Use the following EVERY TIME you make a new level with your team:
Map Creation Guidelines Worksheet
GAME TYPE
1. Single Player or Multiplayer?
2. Game Type?
3. What game is this map for?
STORY
4. Story behind the map. Why are the players there? Why is the place/environment there? Write the history of the environment.
5. What is this map about?
PRE-PRO & GAMEPLAY
6. What is the objective of the map?
7. Do I have a top down sketch?
8. Do I have a top down player path sketch?
9. How would the player to play through your map? Visualize this.
What experiences do I want the player to walk away with from the map?
10. How big is the map?
11. Who is my audience? Who is the player? What is my Demographic?
12. How will I make the map memorable?
13. Do I have location concept sketches?
VISUALS
14. Photo Reference?
15. What is the time of day of the map? Season? Color?
16. Feel and Atmosphere. Describe what I want to portray in terms of the feel of the map and atmosphere.
17. How will I direct the player? What methods will I use? Color? Noise and Sound? Guide the player without telling them where to go. Smart design.
18. What am I going to concentrate on? What do I want to learn when I am finished? What aspect of design, gameplay, fun, crazy, atmosphere?
19. What is the visual trademark of your level? How will the players remember the map?
11 Day Workflow Plan
Day 1:
Day 2:
Day 3:
Day 4:
Day 5:
Day 6:
Day 7:
Day 8:
Day 9:
Day 10:
Day 11:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment